We are committed to helping the most disadvantaged young people by promoting the crucial link between schools, home-life and the community. We encourage schools to work together in groups and cluster arrangements, maximising limited resources to impact on a larger number of children and share learning and best practice.
- About the Fund
- State schools within the Charity’s Beneficial Area are eligible to apply to the Schools in Partnership Fund.
- Applications should be submitted by groups of schools (of two or more). Grants are awarded to groups of two or more schools to work together to support some of their most challenged pupils. One school will be the lead school. Applications from single schools will not be accepted.
- Where appropriate there should be a partnership with a local voluntary organisation.
- Programmes should seek to support your most challenged pupils, help strengthen links with home-life and coordinate the support of other available professionals.
Typically, applications centre on a key worker, based at the “lead school”, who is responsible for the application and reporting process to John Lyon’s Charity as well as for managing the project. Key workers could also move between schools throughout the week, in the case of a therapist for example.
- What we will fund
The Charity will consider applications from groups of schools under the following themes:
- School Access and Progression
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Arts & Culture
- SEND Enrichment (for Special Schools only)
- How much can you apply for?
The maximum grant award under the Schools in Partnership Fund is £60,000. Funding is available for up to five years.
Proposals for Schools in Partnership are considered by the Trustee three times a year in March, June and November.
Please note that it takes at least six months for the application process to be completed, so please bear in mind when your project is due to take place and apply in plenty of time. Typically, for projects to start in line with the new Academic Year, they will be considered at the March meeting. Therefore proposals should be submitted by November of the previous year.
- How to apply