The School Holiday Activity Fund (SHAF) is designed to enable organisations to deliver fun and accessible activities for children and young people during the school holidays through our School Holiday Activity Fund. This includes all half-term breaks, Easter, Christmas and the summer holiday.
Organisations may apply for the running costs of holiday programmes that provide young people with activities in supportive and accessible environments.
SHAF Application Process
- The maximum grant amount available is £4,000.
- Registered charities or mainstream state schools that are based in the Beneficial Area can apply.
- Organisations that are currently in receipt of a grant from John Lyon’s Charity for core services are also eligible to apply to this Fund as long as funds from the Charity are not already being used for this purpose.
- An organisation may apply to the Fund once a year for a maximum of three consecutive years. Then a break of at least 12 months must be taken before applying again.
How To Apply
The Fund is considered six times a year to coincide with school holiday periods. Application forms may be submitted at any time but no later than:
- Summer holiday – 1 June
- October half-term – 21 September
- Christmas holiday – 16 November
- February half-term – 18 January
- Easter – four weeks before Easter Monday
- May half-term – 25 April
When applying for the School Holiday Activity Fund, we operate a one-stage application process.
If you feel the School Holiday Activity Fund is the right grant for you, please click here to find out further information regarding the application process and begin your application.